Atomic Aquatics Full Foot Split Fins deliver high thrust, speed, and efficiency with a comfortable kick cycle.
Although Split Fins work with a variety of kicking styles, a smaller-range, more frequent flutter kick delivers maximum performance. The flutter kick also keeps your legs within the slipstream of your body profile effectively reducing drag. Less drag means more speed with less effort.
Atomic Split Fins have a flexible blade designed with Propeller-Fin™ technology so kicks feel very easy. Even fish envy SplitFins when divers efficiently swim with more propulsion and less effort. And that means less air consumption.
Split fins come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and stiffness which contribute significantly to overall comfort and performance. A fin with short, soft blades will kick easier than a longer, stiffer one, but will require many more kicks to travel the same distance. A blade that is too stiff will require too much effort to kick comfortably. The Atomic SplitFins were specifically designed to optimize all these variables.
- POWER RAILS The backbone of the SplitFin, the highly resilient power rails, store and release energy with every kick. Proprietary and exclusive to Atomic Aquatics, this material will not deteriorate or lose its resiliency.
- FLEX BATTENS Semi-rigid battens set in the soft elastomeric blade control the precise wing shape to optimize thrust and reduce drag.
- SPLIT BLADE The split blade deflects with the slightest kick to form a pair of wings that slice through the water with reduced drag, propelling you forward.
- HIGH SURFACE RATIO BLADE Large surface area blade improves pivoting, turning and alternate kicking styles.
- HINGE POINTS Thin, yet strong and highly flexible hinge points between the semi-rigid battens cause the blade to react quickly and efficiently to the slightest kick.
- ANATOMICALLY CORRECT FOOT POCKET Contoured to fit your foot without stress points, with semi-open toe for added comfort.
POWER PLATE Internal sole plate creates rigid platform beneath the foot for greater power transfer to the blade yet allows for a soft, comfortable foot pocket.