The Suunto MB-6 is a classic military design, that was originally issued to officers during World War II. The compass itself is very compact and has a rugged protective "matchbox" style housing, that it can slide in and out of. Even though the case is slightly larger than an actual matchbox, it is still suitable for pocket carry.
The compass includes "gunsights" on top of the case and has a small mirror drops below the base of the dial, allowing to take a more accurate bearing. There is also a built-in clinometer for measuring height and slope angles. Thanks to the luminous needle, the compass is easy to read even in poor visibility conditions.
All in all, the compass is very tough, accurate and suitable for a variety of situations, such as navigation at high elevation, marine use, or simple recreational travelling.
Note, the compass is balanced for Northern hemisphere.
- High grade steel needle with jewel bearing
- Balanced for northern hemisphere
- Highly durable matchbox style mirror sighting compass
- Adjustable declination correction scale
- Luminescent markings for working in low light
- Compass accuracy: 3 degrees
- Compass resolution: 2 degrees