- Four dive modes - air, nitrox, gauge, and free dive
- Hoseless gas integration
- Algorithm: ZHL8 ADT MB
- Navigational system with digital compass
- User-replaceable battery
Galileo Luna has everything you need for an extraordinary underwater experience. The computer comes shipped with a number of advanced features, including a choice of display screens, an intuitive menu system, and one of the best electronic compasses on the market. Additionally, the device handles nitrox mixes up to 100% O2, offers hose-less air-integration, and provides an enormous logbook that stores tons of useful data from each dive.
The hose-less gas integration feature allows you to monitor tank pressure, see true remaining bottom time (RBT) and factors your air consumption into the decompression calculation. The transmitter that comes with this computer is easy to install to your first stage regulator HP port and is powered by a user-replaceable CR2 lithium battery. The pressure display provides a pressure readout from 0 to 4,350 psi (300 bars).
Galileo Luna runs on ZHL8 ADT MB algorithm, which allows you to calculate true remaining bottom time and incorporates profile dependent intermediate stops (PDIS), both of which add one more layer of safety to your diving. PDIS uses your N2 loading data, current, and previous dives and breathing mixes to calculate an intermediate stop. Microbubble levels let you adjust the level of conservatism in the algorithm to match your experience level, age, and physical conditioning.
And if you want more, two additional features can be added as optional upgrades later (Heart Rate Monitor and Predictive Multi-Gas). Purchasing this PMG feature will allow Luna to use up to 3 Nitrox mixes (21-100% O2) during the dive, calculating the ascent schedule for all possible combinations of the programmed mixes. The Heart Rate Monitor upgrade will measure and record the heartbeat during the dive, as well as allow the dive computer to factor the intensity of the exercise into the decompression calculation. The HRM is also ideal for Apnea divers, measuring heart rate and sounding an alarm if the heart rate drops below the set level.
Although loaded with features, the Galileo Luna is surprisingly easy to use. The computer offers a choice of three primary screen configurations to suit your individual tastes. You can navigate through the system with the help of three clearly marked control buttons. You can also rotate the screen 180° so that the dive computer can be worn with control buttons on top or on the bottom.
The Galileo Luna is a wrist mount computer that is water activated, which means that it will calculate all aspects of your dive profile once you hit the water, even if you don't turn it on manually. The computer also gives you wait to fly information, has a stopwatch function, depth and battery alarms, and a backlighting feature for low light or night diving conditions. The Luna is powered by a user-replaceable CR12600SE lithium 3-volt battery.
- ZHL8 ADT MB algorithm allows you to program a nitrox mix (21-100% O2).
- PDIS (Profile Dependent Intermediate Stops) calculates an intermediate stop based on N2 loading, current and previous dives and breathing mixes for safer diving.
- Microbubble levels let you adjust the level of conservatism in the algorithm to match your experience level, age and physical conditioning.
- Hoseless gas integration provides tank pressure, true remaining bottom time (RBT), and allows air consumption to be factored into the decompression calculation.
- Full tilt digital compass with bearing memory provides an effective navigational tool that remains accurate regardless of inclination.
- Extra large dot-matrix screen offers a choice of three display modes, allowing you to personalize the presentation of your data.
- Oil-filled technology allows for a slim display casing design that fits comfortably on the arm.
- Maximum operating depth: 1082ft/330m.
- Huge memory stores pictures, tables, tissue loading status, and the most recent 100 hours of diving.
- Freediving and Gauge modes.
- Trimix Algorithm can be down-loaded via SCUBAPRO.com.
- Continuously updated average depth display.
- Active backlight.
- Bookmark function.
- User changeable CR12600SE or CR2NP battery is good for three to five years or 300 to 500 dives.
- Dive/Freediving logs can be stored and analyzed with a PC/ Mac via Infrared technology.