BEST-IN-CLASS ILLUMINATION IN AN ULTRA-WIDE BEAM
A good dive light will light up the dark spaces and bring out the vibrant colors on night dives as well as day dives.
The new NOVALIGHT 720 WIDE delivers the same outstanding performance and offers the same features as the standard Novalight 720. What sets it apart is its much wider 80-degree beam, making it an ideal primary dive light.
Technical to its core, the NOVALIGHT 720 WIDE is machined from heavy-duty aluminum so it is lightweight and built to last. Its light head is equipped with a CREE XML U2 LED, capable of pumping out between 700 and 800 lumens of brilliant illumination. A 50 percent mode allows you to increase burn time if you don't need the full power.
The NOVALIGHT 720 WIDE uses simple twist-on/twist off activation backed by double-O-ring seals. Strategically placed knurling (raised-up diamond-shaped indentations in the metal) improves grip and makes the twist activation that much easier. Shock-proof rubber protection on the end of the light head safeguards the electronics and provides an additional no-slip surface.
The NOVALIGHT 720 WIDE measures 8.3in/210mm in length and is powered by three C-cell batteries that provide up to 10 hours of burn time. Rated to a maximum depth of 1000ft/300m, the NOVALIGHT 720 WIDE is equipped with an overpressure valve on the end cap, an important safety feature not normally found on torches in the NOVALIGHT 720 WIDE's price range.
Tech divers who want an expansive beam to illuminate large sections of underwater terrain in a dive light with good heft, a generous hand grip and long burn times are going to love the NOVALIGHT 720 WIDE.
- Rugged gun-metal aluminum body offers a stealthy "tech" look while providing lightweight long-term durability.
- Ultra-wide 80-degree beam is ideal for night diving applications.
- Interchangeable light head is equipped with a CREE XML U2 LED.
- 720-lumen output ranks among the best in its class in illumination.
- Light measures 8.3in/210mm in length.
- Two modes: 100% and 50% power.
- Double O-ring seals ensure watertight integrity.
- Diamond-shaped knurling (metal indentations) on both handle and light head guarantees a firm grip, with or without gloves.
- Easy twist on/twist off activation allows for trouble-free operation, regardless of depth.
- Shock-proof rubber protection keeps the light head safe from knocks and bumps.
- Over-pressure valve releases battery off-gassing -- a safety feature not normally found on dive lights at this price point.
- A depth rating of 1000ft/300m ensures worry-free lighting in virtually all diving conditions.
- Powered by three C-cell batteries (not included) that provide 10 hours of burn time.
When it comes to evaluating a dive light's brightness, measuring lumens is the easiest and most useful comparison method. A lumen is the intensity of light as it is perceived by a human eye. In other words, a lumen indicates brightness, opposed to a watt which measures power output.
When it comes to cranking out brightness, the NOVALIGHT 720 WIDE runs well ahead of the pack. Producing higher lumens than most primary dive lights -- including many large pistol-grip styles -- and out-pacing virtually all secondary dive lights, the NOVALIGHT 720 WIDE leads the market in sheer light intensity.
Using a set of three C-cell batteries the NOVALIGHT 720 WIDE delivers intense maximum illumination which gradually settles into a steady light output, delivering 10-plus hours of total burn time. Using the light at 50 percent power extends burn time considerably.