Making a diving vacation doesn’t necessarily mean that you will be spending every minute in the water. Basically, the vacation can be structured whichever way you want. Maybe you’d prefer a more relaxed trip, with some time in the water and the rest of the time for on-land explorations. Or maybe you’d like to spend as much time as possible in the water. Whatever your preference is, it’s important to know that you have many options and the ability to create your dream vacation. Dip ‘N Dive understands this philosophy and so, we’d like to offer you a few pointers when it comes to making decisions about your dive vacation.
A dive vacation can be just as relaxing as any other trip. It is important to realize just how many choices you have when it comes to creating your trip. Diving vacations can be as flexible as you want, as long as you are always thinking ahead.
- What does the resort offer? Most resorts will offer a variation of packages. Each package offers different boat trips and times. For example, some packages may include two trips a day, every day. While others may include just a morning boat trip every day, and even a day or two off.
- Whatever you decide, choosing dive packages are usually the way to go. It is often less expensive to purchase a diving package, rather than paying for each boat trip out.
- If you’d like more control over where you’re staying and your meal plans, some vacationers choose to stay off the resort. If this is the case, you will need to not only figure out transportation but also arrange your dive trips with either private charters or resort trips.
- Choosing to stay at a resort is often viewed as a more relaxed option. Generally, resorts offer transportation transfers between airports and other venues. Also, the food and boats, and other diving centers are located on-site or very close by.
- Something else to consider is opening a tab with the resort. Many resorts offer this option, so instead of having to carry money and pay for each boat trip and other diving needs, you can pay one full bill at the end of the trip.
- Another thing to keep in mind is when you plan on diving. It is not recommended to schedule a dive the day before your returning flight.